Home Decor Outlets: Your One-Stop-Shop for Your Dream HomeApril 21, 2023
Score Big Savings: Find the Best Liquidation Stores Near YouMay 2, 2023
The Ultimate Guide to Shopping in Columbia: Discover the Best Outlets, Malls, and Local Shops
Introduction to Columbia’s Shopping Scene
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the best shopping destinations in Columbia. In this article, we will explore the top outlet malls, shopping centers, local shops, and farmers markets that make Columbia a shopper’s paradise. Discover the best places to find unique items, designer brands, and local produce.
The Best Shopping Centers and Malls in Columbia
The Village at Sandhill
The Village at Sandhill is a premier shopping, dining, and entertainment destination in Northeast Columbia. With a diverse mix of national and local retailers, you can shop for the latest fashion trends, dine at the finest restaurants, and enjoy various events and activities throughout the year.
Columbiana Centre, located near Lake Murray, offers a one-stop shopping experience. This mall features over 90 stores, including popular brands like Belk, Dillard’s, and H&M. With a spacious food court, comfortable seating areas, and an indoor carousel, it’s an enjoyable destination for the entire family.
Hidden Gems: Unique Local Shops in Columbia
Home Decor Liquidators
If you are looking for decor for your home or just looking for a home decor outlet near me then you have to check out The Bin Store in West Columbia!
2814 Augusta Road
West Columbia 29170
Follow Us on Social Media:
Uptown Gifts & Accessories
Uptown Gifts & Accessories is a charming boutique that specializes in personalized and monogrammed items. From jewelry and handbags to home décor and baby gifts, they offer a wide range of unique and thoughtful products.
Loose Lucy’s is a bohemian-inspired clothing store that offers a mix of trendy and vintage-inspired apparel. Their selection of clothing, accessories, and gifts captures the free-spirited vibe of Columbia’s shopping scene.
Columbia’s Must-Visit Farmers Markets
Soda City Market
Soda City Market, held every Saturday on Main Street, is a vibrant farmers market that showcases the best of local produce, handmade crafts, and gourmet food. With live music and a lively atmosphere, it’s a must-visit destination for anyone looking to experience the local culture.
Forest Acres Farmers Market
Located in the heart of Forest Acres, this weekly farmers market offers a wide variety of fresh, locally sourced produce, as well as artisanal goods and prepared foods. It’s the perfect place to stock up on farm-fresh ingredients and support local businesses.
Tips for a Successful Shopping Experience in Columbia
- Plan your visit: Before heading out for a shopping spree in Columbia, research the malls, outlets, and local shops you’d like to visit. Check their opening hours and make a list of the stores you’re most interested in to ensure you make the most of your time.
- Take advantage of sales and discounts: Keep an eye out for seasonal sales, promotional events, and discount offers at your favorite stores. Many malls and outlets have websites or social media pages where you can find the latest deals and promotions.
- Dress comfortably: Shopping in Columbia can involve a lot of walking, so it’s essential to wear comfortable shoes and clothing. Dress in layers to accommodate the varying temperatures between outdoor shopping areas and air-conditioned stores.
- Stay hydrated and fueled: Don’t forget to take breaks during your shopping trip. Enjoy a meal or a snack at one of the many dining options available in the shopping centers or nearby restaurants. Staying hydrated and energized will help you make the most of your shopping experience.
- Consider parking and transportation: Plan your transportation to and from your shopping destinations. If you’re driving, be aware of parking options and fees. Alternatively, consider using public transportation or ride-sharing services to avoid parking hassles and navigate the city with ease.
- Explore local events: Columbia often hosts special events, including seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts, and art exhibits. Combine your shopping trip with one of these events to make your visit to Columbia even more enjoyable and memorable.
- Support local businesses: While visiting the city, make sure to explore local boutiques and farmers markets. By supporting local businesses, you contribute to the community and often find unique items that are not available in larger chain stores.
With this guide and these tips, you’re now ready to embark on an unforgettable shopping adventure in Columbia. Discover the best outlets, malls, and local shops that make the city a prime destination for shoppers from around the world. Happy shopping!
Columbia, the state capital of South Carolina, is a city rich in history, culture, and natural beauty. Situated in the center of the state, Columbia offers a diverse array of attractions, from world-class museums to outdoor recreational opportunities. In this article, we will take a closer look at the city and everything it has to offer.
History of Columbia
Columbia has a rich and fascinating history dating back to the early 18th century when it was founded as a small village. Throughout the years, Columbia has played a vital role in shaping South Carolina’s culture, economy, and political landscape. In the mid-1800s, Columbia became the state capital, and its role as a political and cultural hub continued to grow.
Things to do in Columbia
Columbia offers a wealth of attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are interested in history, art, or outdoor recreation, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Here are just a few of the many things to do in Columbia:
- Visit the South Carolina State Museum: With four floors of exhibits, the South Carolina State Museum offers something for everyone. From natural history to art, this museum is a must-see for anyone visiting Columbia.
- Explore Riverbanks Zoo & Garden: Located on the banks of the Saluda River, Riverbanks Zoo & Garden is home to over 2,000 animals and a wide variety of plants. Visitors can enjoy a day of exploring the zoo, gardens, and aquarium.
- Tour the South Carolina State House: The South Carolina State House is a beautiful example of Greek Revival architecture and serves as the seat of government for the state. Visitors can take a guided tour of the building and learn about its history.
- Hike in Harbison State Forest: With over 2,000 acres of forest to explore, Harbison State Forest offers a great opportunity for outdoor recreation. Visitors can enjoy hiking, biking, and fishing in this beautiful natural area.
Restaurants in Columbia
Columbia is also known for its fantastic dining scene, offering a wide variety of cuisine options for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are in the mood for Southern comfort food or international cuisine, there is something for everyone in Columbia. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants in the city:
- Motor Supply Co. Bistro: This farm-to-table restaurant offers seasonal dishes made from local ingredients. The menu changes frequently to reflect the freshest ingredients available.
- Cola’s Restaurant: This upscale restaurant offers a menu of classic American dishes with a Southern twist. The restaurant is located in a historic building in the heart of downtown Columbia.
- The War Mouth: This restaurant specializes in Southern cuisine, including barbecue and Lowcountry favorites. The War Mouth also offers a selection of craft cocktails and local beers.
In conclusion, Columbia is a city that has something for everyone. Whether you are interested in history, art, outdoor recreation, or food, there is no shortage of things to do and see in this vibrant city. We hope this article has provided you with a comprehensive guide to Columbia